Below you will find information on upcoming training geared towards all Public Safety personnel. This includes training, webinars, and conferences/events.
- Emergency Management/ESF8 Training (virtual) - July 28, 2022 Register HERE
- FBI Radiological Awareness Webinar - July 28, 2022 Register HERE
- Hospital Emergency Response Team Training for Mass Casualty Incidents (HERT-B) - August 4th, 2022. You can Register HERE!
- Incident Command System / Emergency Operations Center Course - August 9, 2022 at the Broward EOC SERT Trac
- Basic Disaster Life Support Course (BDLS)-TBA
- Advanced Disaster Life Support Course (ADLS)-TBA
- Decontamination Team Leader Course- TBD
For more information on training and registration please reach out to Reshena Clark at email@example.com or Kelly Keys at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are training opportunities at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, Alabama. These courses are largely funded through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (inclusive of training, food, transportation and lodging), and the application process is fairly easy. For those who attended “Florida Week 2017”, you already know the value of these CDP trainings. You can find more information and registration at their website https://cdp.dhs.gov/find-training/healthcare.
- FREE ONLINE TRAINING
- Mass Fatality Management: A NYC Perspective
- Emergency Preparedness and Management of Mass Fatalities: Pandemic Influenza
- Risk Communication for High Risk and At-Risk Populations
- Social Media in Preparedness and Response
- Chemical Emergencies and the Role of Public Health
- Climate Change: Public Health Preparedness and Response
- Public Health Risks of Ionizing Radiation
- Rapid Needs Assessment with Hand Held Devices
- Analysis of Information in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Elements of Leadership: Decision-Making & Problem-Solving Under Emergency Conditions
- Fundamentals of Emergency Preparedness
- Personal Emergency Preparedness: Planning for the Public Health Worker
- Methods of Risk Assessment in Planning for Disasters
- Chem Rad Bio: Fundamentals for the Public Health Workforce
- A Plan for All Seasons: Basic Planning Guidance for the Local Level
- State of the Science: The Health and Mental Health Consequences of Catastrophic Events
- Dealing with Disaster Related Trauma in Children
CONFERENCES / EVENTS
The Florida Health Care Association (FHCA) 2022 Annual Conference and Trade Showwill take place July 31st – August 4th at the Hyatt Regency Orlando. This signature event features four keynotes and over 60 CE sessions, 250+ exhibits and several networking opportunities. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from experts, share ideas and help us honor our healthcare heroes. More information and registration available here.